Workshop #1: Building a Simple Mobile-optimized Web App Using the jQuery Mobile Framework
Recorded: Thursday, August 16th, 2012 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT
Duration: 2 hours
By the end of 2012, it is expected that more than 80% of the world’s population will have access to a smartphone. Your library users will assume that your library can be accessible from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. Now is the time to be ready! During this webinar, you will:
- learn what a mobile framework is.
- acquire best practices in mobile Web development.
- recognize the differences between native and web apps.
- gain hands-on experience writing a mobile Web app using jQuery Mobile.
- have an opportunity to continue to work with Jason and Chad after the webinar to demonstrate what you learned.
- have access before and after the webinar to a free Web server so you can see your mobile Web app live.
(Additional registration fee.)Please register or sign in to access this session.
Chad Mairn is a librarian, teacher, author and 'technofile' who frequently shares his enthusiasm for 'all-things technology' as a speaker at library and technology conferences. He is an Information Services Librarian and adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College in Florida and is also the Chief Technology Officer at Novare Library Services.